- I just published my Book on short stories : Journey from Guwahati to Machhiwara . And I never knew that some one by the name of Mr Durgesh Satpathy will send me a signed copy of his book to get it reviewed from me . It is indeed a great honour for me to review a Book of a fellow Author . A few months back I had got my Book reviewed by Blogger Parul of Bangalore and now it was my turn to Review my first Book .
- It’s a small Book of 105 pages divided into 16 chapters . If you are looking for some tragedies , comedies , wit or humour , then this Book is not for you . You will not find this sort of stuff in this highly philosophical book . This Book is a Journey from Grief to Victory .The book is a perfect one for those who like to read the heavy stuff. The Book tells us the stories of a small kid who was humiliated by her step father , some stories where the women suffered and contemplated suicide . The Book traces the Journey of a women who was once on the verge of suicide & was leading a negative life . Durgesh makes the stories where the women now lead a normal life .
- What could have been better?
- Since its first Book of Satpathy ,a more proof reading would have made the book a better one . There are some grammatical mistakes which could have been avoided . I really liked the preface of the Book , where the Author says that when he rides his bike on his own ; he rides at 80 KMPH , when he is with his better half it is 60 KMPH and when the Author is with his Mom , he drives at a slow speed of 50 KMPH . The Indian Readers will be able to identify with these examples more than the Readers from abroad . THUMS UP!!!
- Tactical details : Cover pic of Book is good and it suits with the mood of the Book .
- Overall Verdict : Good . The book needs a lot of concentration to read . One needs a calm atmosphere with no sound of TV or music to disturb you when you read the Book . You will like the Book more when you read the Book second time .
- Book Details : EQUATING THE Equations of INSANITY
- Genre : Equations of the mind
- Publisher : Partridge India
I get hundreds of Good Morning messages on my WhatsApp groups. Some of the Groups I have deliberately deleted because of the Ting Ting tone which becomes unbearable sometimes. Sleeping at dead of night you get messages from Groups, members who are based in Australia, USA & Canada.But the message I received today from a Fauji brethren has really touched me. There is comparison between two types of life. Every one in this world must have passed through these phases in one’s life either at the beginning of their career or in the Middle Ages or at some other stage in their life.Shakespeare was one whom I studied in my tenth standard in Sainik School Kapurthala ( Hamlet may be ) , then it was Julius Caesar in my graduation ( not sure about the title ) . But one movie which I remembered vividly is Romeo & Juliet which I saw on the day I landed in Guwahati in my first job at Guwahati way back in 1976. This love story forms a part of my Journey in writing my first Book on short stories: Journey from Guwahati to Machhiwara which has been Reviewed by a blogger Parul of Bangalore.Depression is one stage of life from which we must come out. Otherwise the depression will affect your heart. But during depression we should see that it does not affect our mental attitude. A person should never be very happy nor very sad. This equanimity in life will help him or her in life to face the Seven Stages in Life so beautifully portrayed by the Bard William Shakespeare.Ego is another evil which we must avoid . If a person has a lot of power may be political, financial, or in the job, he tends to downgrade other people may be his good friends or relatives. I may be wrong in my assessment but from the facts which one comes across while meeting so many different type of people in Life’s Journey , I corroborate this fact whether you like it or not. One must avoid ego in every stage of life. More the humble , more is the chance that the person will make a mark in his life’s journey.I still remember the scene from evergreen movie Waqt, where the father dreams of making his children so high and immediately everything falls to the ground with earthquake.
Rayna Dutt, protagonist of Trouble Has A New Name, believes that Trouble always comes gift-wrapped in large size packs when you least expect it to!
What’s your take on it? Haven’t we all gone through those “troubled” moments when we just wished the earth would swallow us up?
So, here’s a dare: share your story and one lucky commenter will get a surprise gift from me! Any takers? You can post your comment here or at my Facebook page
Post away! 🙂
It’s my third visit to USA . First was in 2008 , then 2012 and now in 2014. I was under the impression that Americans must be knowing more about India than we know about their country. It was 4 th July . I was in the park near my apartment . American people had gathered early in the park to celebrate their Independence Day .
Casually I asked one of the American
1 If he knew what was the Capital of India
2 Prime Minister of India
3 President of India
4 Casually asked about God of Cricket : SACHIN Tendulkar
5 Sharukh Khan , the Actor
6 Amitabh Bachan
All my simple questions drew a Blank .
I was not talking to school students .
But to mature people .
When I told that I knew about
OBAMA , his wife name , name of their children , popular American actors and actresses . They were really amazed.
When I asked them that why they know nothing about India and I know so much about their country : their answer was that USA is a powerful country and number 1 .
THE BIG BROTHER ATTITUDE WAS VISIBLE !!!!!